Jump to Navigation

Fort Collins Sealing a Criminal Record Lawyers

If you have a criminal record, you may be able to have your record sealed. There are certain cases that can be sealed if specific requirements are met.  Joneson & Michael, LLC, can assist you with this process.  We are very knowledgeable about the types of cases that are eligible to be sealed and the procedures required.

A separate civil case must be filed in district court for each case you want sealed. There is a filing fee that must be paid to the court and a hearing will be scheduled to present the matter to the judge. You may petition the court to seal an arrest or criminal record if you meet one of the following requirements:

  • All charges were dismissed or you were acquitted of all charges.
  • There is only an arrest record and no charges were filed in a court.
  • You had a case dismissed due to a plea agreement in another case, 10 or more years have passed from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings, and no other criminal charges have been filed since the date of the final disposition.

If you were convicted of a criminal offense involving Drug Offenses, there are different requirements. In these cases, you may petition the district court to seal your record if:

  • Ten or more years have passed from the final disposition of all criminal proceedings against you or you have been released from supervision concerning a criminal conviction, whichever is later;


  • You have not been charged or convicted for a criminal offense in the 10 or more years since the date of the final disposition of all criminal proceedings or the date of your release from supervision, whichever is later.

Not all criminal offenses and convictions are eligible to be sealed. Sealing a criminal conviction prevents educational institutions, employers, mortgage lenders, landlords, etc. from viewing the record. The court, law enforcement and criminal justice agencies will always have access to the file; the files are not destroyed.

If you think you have a criminal conviction that could be sealed, contact Joneson & Michael, LLC, to schedule an initial consultation.

How Can I Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Joneson & Michael, LLC

Joneson & Michael, LLC
425 West Mulberry Street, Suite 212
Fort Collins, CO 80521

Telephone: 970-482-6000
Fax: 970-482-6011
Fort Collins Law Office